Digital Marketing & Design Coordinator
Job Title: Digital Marketing and Design Coordinator
Reporting to: Communications Manager
Location: Montreal or Toronto (remote, flexible work)
Appointment Term: 3 days/week June 13, 2022 – August 29th 2022
Start Date: June 13, 2022
Contract Fee: $16 – $20/hr commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: Fri June 3, 11:59PM EST
ABOUT SILK ROAD INSTITUTE
The Silk Road Institute aims to create and promote captivating and professional artistic and cultural programming that fosters cross-cultural dialogue and strengthens Muslim representation, visibility, and contributions within the Canadian cultural mosaic. Our vision is a visible and representative Canadian Muslim artistic and cultural presence that promotes understanding of rich and diverse perspectives.
The Digital Marketing and Design Coordinator is responsible for managing all of the marketing and design elements related to the organization’s ongoing programs and operations. They are responsible for growing SRI’s audiences through maintaining an engaging social media presence, developing and executing creative marketing and design content, as well as managing email marketing campaigns. The Digital Marketing and Design Coordinator will also be responsible for supporting outreach and marketing efforts in direct support of SRI’s fundraising initiatives.
The Digital Marketing & Design Coordinator should be an independent, detail-oriented, creative thinker with exceptional design skills, the ability to represent mission through storytelling, and the organizational skills necessary to understand the SRI’s audience demographics and relationships to assist in making key organizational decisions.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP • Communications Manager & Artistic Director
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to an editorial calendar and develop content to support marketing channels including social media, website, and newsletters
- Develop and implement a social media strategy across all channels and grow the SRI audience.
- Develop graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts and photos that are visually appealing and align with SRI’s visual brand
- Edit pre-existing videos, and adding captioning to support different social media platforms
- Assist with website copywriting, proofing, and updating as needed.
- Develop and maintain a marketing campaign to drive donations through SRI’s fundraising initiatives.
- Promote programming and partnership events through our marketing channels
- Maintain meaningful engagement with audiences online to generate interest in SRI’s programs
- Other duties as required.
- Strong proficiency with Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator or InDesign, and Premiere Pro
- A bachelorʼs degree or college certificate in either Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications, Film Studies or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to take initiative, employ good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Exceptional ability to manage details and to multitask in a moderately fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to anticipate next steps or needs.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Possess strong working knowledge of email marketing applications.
- Demonstrated interest in furthering SRI’s mandate and mission.
This is a contract position at 24hrs/week at $16-20/hr (rate of pay commensurate with experience).
This position is funded in part by the Canada Summer Jobs program. To be eligible, youth must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment and;
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Digital Marketing & Design Coordinator’ before the application deadline:
- Cover Letter
- Names of 3 References
Application Deadline: Fri June 3, 11:59PM EST
If you have any questions or require accommodation and/or assistance during the application process, please contact us in advance at email@example.com. We strive to provide reasonable accommodations whenever requested.
Silk Road Institute is committed to access and equity, which includes a commitment to diversity and inclusion among its staff, board, and other volunteers. We encourage individuals who reflect the broad diversity of Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour communities to apply. Silk Road Institute is an 2SLGBTQIA++ safe space.
We thank all applicants but only short-listed candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be held in strict confidence.