Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Reporting to: Programs & Development Manager
Location: Montreal or Toronto (remote, flexible work)
Appointment Term: 3 days/week June 3, 2021 – August 20th 2021
Start Date: May 31st, 2021
Contract Fee: $15 – $18/hr commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: Wed May 26th, 5pm EST (Interviews will be held on a rolling basis starting Thu May 27th)
ABOUT SILK ROAD INSTITUTE
The Silk Road Institute aims to create and promote captivating and professional artistic and cultural programming that fosters cross-cultural dialogue and strengthens Muslim representation, visibility, and contributions within the Canadian cultural mosaic. Our vision is a visible and representative Canadian Muslim artistic and cultural presence that promotes understanding of rich and diverse perspectives.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for managing all of the marketing elements related to the organization’s ongoing programs and operations. They are responsible for growing SRI’s audiences through managing email marketing campaigns, maintaining an engaging social media presence, developing and executing creative marketing content. The Marketing Coordinator will also be responsible for conducting outreach and marketing efforts in direct support of SRI’s monthly fundraising initiative.
The Marketing Coordinator should be an independent, detail-oriented, creative thinker with exceptional writing skills, the ability to represent mission through storytelling, and the organizational skills necessary to understand the SRI’s audience demographics and relationships to assist in making key organizational decisions.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP • Programs and Development Manager & Artistic Director
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a communications calendar and write all communications including frequent newsletters. Align marketing materials across channels
- Develop and implement a social media strategy across all channels and grow the SRI audience.
- Create and maintain a schedule for partnership and co-presentation activities.
- Assist with website copywriting, proofing, and updating as needed.
- Develop and maintain a marketing campaign to drive donations through SRI’s fundraising initiatives.
- Promote programming and partnership events through our social and newsletter channels
- Maintain meaningful engagement with audiences online to generate interest in SRI’s programs
- Other admin duties as required.
- Strong proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and PhotoShop.
- A college certificate or bachelorʼs degree in Marketing or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to take initiative, employ good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Exceptional ability to manage details and to multitask in a moderately fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to anticipate next steps or needs.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Possess strong working knowledge of email marketing applications.
- Demonstrated interest in furthering SRI’s mandate and mission.
This is a contract position at 24hrs/week for 11 weeks compensated at $15-18.00/hr (rate of pay commensurate with experience).
Application Deadline: Wed May 26th, 5pm EST
Start date: Mon May 31st.
This position is funded in part by the Canada Summer Jobs program. To be eligible, youth must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment and;
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Submit the following documents to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Marketing Coordinator’ before the application deadline:
- Cover Letter
- Names of 3 References
If you have any questions or require accommodation and/or assistance during the application process, please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org. We strive to provide reasonable accommodations whenever requested.
Silk Road Institute is committed to access and equity, which includes a commitment to diversity and inclusion among its staff, board, and other volunteers. We encourage individuals who reflect the broad diversity of Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour communities to apply. Silk Road Institute is a 2SLGBTQIA++ safe space.
We thank all applicants but only short-listed candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be held in strict confidence.